Wednesday, June 23, 2010

World Cup Fever



I will be the first to admit that I was not a huge soccer fan before the start of this years World Cup but now I am following the sport like a man possesed. The kids at school introduced me to some of the more popular players on the Mexican team and everything just sort of steam-rolled from there. I had to follow the first half of the US and Algeria game on ESPN on my Blackberry for the first half because of early morning workouts but was lucky enough to see the second half at home. Was on the edge of my seat as the shots from the US team refused to find the back of the net. With four minutes left in extra time all hope seemed to be lost but the goalkeeper executed a fast break better than Rajon Rondo and Donovan "dunked" it home. Stevo and jazz ran out of the room scared to death because they thought the house was on fire the way I was yelling so much. Still can't believe a soccer game almost gave me a heart attack. Now comes the next round and ninety minutes of nail biting. It just a shame that the World Cup comes only every four years. Go USA and Mexico!!

No comments: