Saturday, July 14, 2012

El Paso Upcoming Running Events

Decided it was time I started to hit the pavement and run as far as my old legs could take me.  My first 5K will be next Saturday at Ascarate park.  I don't think I am 100% ready but don't want my lack of training to be an excuse for never getting started. 
Here is a list of  a few of the races  being held in El Paso in the next few weeks:



EPWU Run For Mission 5k
7/21/12
Ascarate Park
$1.00 parking fee per car
Race starts at 7:30 am
Fees:  $25 after July 14
Packet pickup at Up and Running, 3233 N. Mesa from 11am-6 pm
http://www.epwu.org/run
Information:
Marisela Barcenas 915.594.5517



Child Crisis Center of El Paso Trot for Tots 5K CHALLENGE 5K Walk and Competitive Run Location -Planet Fitness-5700 N. Mesa 8:00 A.M. Saturday, July 28,2012



ANCLA 5k Run and Fun
1 mile fun walk/5k competitive run
Saturday, August 4, 2012
7:30 AM
Album Park
To register for these events or for more info check out raceadventuresunlimited.com/

Would love to hear any suggestions for what I should add to my running music tracks that will keep me motivated on my runs.  Hope to see you put there next Saturday.  I'll be the one lying on the stretcher at the finish line. 

No comments: