Monday, March 3, 2008

El Paso Marathon







Ran the El Paso half marathon this past Sunday and actually survived to write about it. Felt really good throughout the race. Discoverd these great energy packets that I drank during the race that really helped me battle through the course. Jess got me an ipod that made the time go by pretty quick during the race. Finished the course in 2:25. I know this isn't a record breaking time but it was a personal best. My legs felt crippled and old a few hours after I had finished. Couldn't even make it up the stairs at the house. Feel 100% beter today. Think I will take a break and not run an 8k this weekend. Next big challenge will the be the El Paso Transmountain 20 k on March 16. The race will be at a higher elevation with a steep incline throughout the course. Don't think I'm quite ready for a marathon but look forward to being ready to run the San Antonio marathon later on this year.

No comments: