Monday, March 10, 2008

Running Transmountain 20k this Sunday

Had a longer time recovering from the el paso half-marathon than I thought. Knees took a pounding and I'm still not sure I'm back to 100%. Inspired by my sister to complete this next race. My baby sister is in a terible situation and will be in that situation for a very long time. Feel guilty because I am not there for her or m family but getting back to Corpus is just something I am unable to do right now. When I get tired on the course I think of Val and and the pain seems to go way. Helps me to get angry at the situation. The course is up transmountain and will be the biggest challenge for me yet. Ran 5 miles today and felt ok but not completely at full strength. Glad I have found running to relieve my stress. Sometimes think it is pointless because I never get anywhere but it does help me spiritually and mentally. Talked to the speech coach Eastwood this past weekend and look forward to working with him and other actors in the area on creating a new theatre company that will highlight Chicano and Ethnic theatre here in El Paso. There really is no opportunity to get on stage so we figured we would create our own opportunities. The first project we are looking at producing in Roosters by Milcha Scott-Sanchez. Really have a good feeling about the project. One-Act play competition is on Monday and the kids seem ready. Don;t know waht to expect this year. Think we have the show to go far but never can tell how it will turn out. Overall, life is life. It don't matter how many times you get knocked down by a right uppercut, the only thing that matters is if you keep answering the bell.

No comments: