Friday, November 20, 2009

BASKETBALL DIARIES


Lost by ten last night to the Chapin Huskies and their super sophomore center. This girl put the H in huge. Despite playing so bad we actually had cut it down to eight in the second half and had a chance to make a run. I was impressed with Burges overall as a team . Think not having our point guard hurt us but the girls have to be ready to step up and score in situations like that. We saw Parkland play Santa Teresa. They have a great post player team. Only had three players on their bench. They are ranked in the top ten in the city. I am taking the jv team to their tournament today in Chaparral. We play Deming at 5:30. Hope they come to play and limit their mistakes. Haven't coached anyone on this team except for the point guard so I'm sure they are going to have a hard time adjusting to my coaching style. The freshman won last night vs. Irvin without having a few of their key players. They take on Bel Air in the second round of their tournament today. Our program is headed in a good direction overall. Learning a lot from coach Graham. Last day of school before Thanksgiving holiday. Kid broke my heart today when she came in and told me that one of her relatives, a policeman, had been gunned down in Juarez. Crazy how close to home the whole Juarez thing is to our kids and our school. Switching gears. I am addicted to fantasy football. kicking myself for not taking it serious earlier in the season and losing games I should have won. have a 5-5 record going into this weekend. Brady is my qb and Stephen Jackson my runningback. Huge points with these guys. Hurting a little at wide receiver but mad a few trades and should be ok this weekend. Heading to see the Chapin Huskies play against Frenship on Saturday in the area playoffs. Glad El Paso schools are getting a little respect from the out of town teams. Hoping Coronado can make it to the next round. UTep basketball Saturday night. They take on another Arkansas team. Utep is loaded this year and should make a run at the Tourney and win their conference now that Memphis is rebuilding. Good life....

No comments: