Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Marathon and Half Marathon Goals


I spent some time this morning thinking about races I wanted to do in the next year. I think I can focus myself enough to take on my first Marathon in September. I have never trained for a marathon because I lacked the discipline to follow through on a strict running schedule. I need to look at websites and download a training schedule for beginners. Will take any suggestions at this point.

Running is not the problem, getting out the door is. After a long day teaching and coaching there is nothing I want to do more than hit the pillow and catch some much needed sleep. I have to find the energy to get out the door before the lazy bug starts to set in. I know that diabetes runs in my family and that I could very well get the disease in the near future so I have to be proactive in getting a good amount of exercise and eating healthy. I want to be around for a long time for Jazzy, Stev
o, and Jess so I got to start taking this "health" thing a little more seriously. Plus I want to do my part in helping to wipe out the statistic that El Paso is one of the most obese cities in the U.S (according to Men's Health Magazine).

My goal will be to run in the Duke City Marathon in Albuquerqu
e, New Mexico on September 17th . I think this will be a challenging and fun marathon to conquer. There is tons of stuff to do in Albuquerque and I think it will make for a great all-around weekend for me and the rest of the family. Some of the other marathons and half marathons I am putting on my list are:









Rio Grande Half Marathon- Albuquerque, New Mexico, August 15th

Turtle Marathon- Roswell, New M
exico - September 6, 2010

Duke City Marathon- Albuquerque, New Mexico- September 17, 2010

Chips and Salsa half marathon- Albuquerque, New Mexico- September 19th

Harbor Half Marathon- Corpus Christi, Texas- October 17, 2010

San Antonio Marathon- San Antonio, Texas- November 14, 2010


Dallas Marathon- Dallas, Texas, - December 5, 2010


CC Half Marathon- Corpus Christi, Texas- December 18, 2010

Houston Marathon- Houston, Texas- January 30, 2010

Life is Good.


No comments: