Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Why I love The Spurs.


Painting from nerdsonsports.com

When I think of class, greatness, and the will to win I think of the San Antonio Spurs. I love the way they take care of their business on the court without trash talking or crying about being fouled. Pop is a genius at getting in the head of the other coaches and getting his players to rise to the occassion. Tim Duncan is by far my favorite player. Loved David Robinson too but have to say that Timmy is what being a professional basketball player is all about. This guy carries the team on his shoulders and is humble after every victory and gracious after every defeat. Thought i was going to have trouble choosing who I would pick in this years playoff battle with Dallas but that all went out the window after a few minutes into game one. Never liked Dirk. Can't compare him to the greats in the game. The Jet is a joke and Jason Kidd is an average point guard at best right now. The Spurs are like that old dog that keeps on battling to hold on to his spot on the block. Yeah, it hurt last night when the Spurs lost to the evil and despised Phoenix Suns but they are going to rebound and prove who is the better team. Amazed at how good Steve Nash still is all these years. Makes me hate the suns even more. Reminds me of how much I hated to see the Jazz beat up the Rockets with Stockton and Malone back in the day. Hoping that Ginobli and Jefferson can find their games in a hurry. Hate to be down 2-0 to the Suns. Not going to count them out just yet. Tim and Parker just ain't finished yet. Everything is right with the world when the Spurs bring home a victory. Hoping all is well in game two.

No comments: